Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Stencilry" Book





I really thought this spray painting Stencilry online class was really fun. As I look at the colors again I guess they are not really all that bad although they are not my favorite color combinations. I need to get to HL and get more spray paint colors. But.... the only bad thing is that it is so hot in my little red shed out back and the mosquito jihad is even worse with all this monsoon rain here in FL so I guess I will have to suspend my spray painting with the stencils for a while. As I said in the video, my good buddy Lori, at Elvie Studio will be so proud of me for sewing this book together.  She knows how "sew challenged" I am. 

Do you see why I call my blog "Art du Jour"---the art of the day?  Well, each day, I never know what it will be---so it is the art of the day. It's like a box of chocolates--you never know what you are gonna get.   Maybe one day I will settle on one.

nah....







For some reason beyond my understanding, the video within Blogger gets cropped a bit. If you double click it it will take you to YouTube for a better viewing.

8 comments:

lori vliegen said...

well, you're DEFINITELY on to something here!! i am loving the effect of the stenciling...it looks fabulous! and, hey....WOO HOO for doing such a great job on sewing that book together....it looks super!! glad you had fun with this! and, thanks for the linky love! :)

Jane Farr said...

It's official Martha: There is nothing you cannot do! Loved it all (especially the lettering) but also "those" colors and your blingy watch. :-)

Sue K said...

Wow...your book is just lovely! I think the colors are great...very good combos. Maybe the next one you can create with different colors and will like better. Your lettering is lovely as usual! Have a great day!
hugs, Sue

jgr said...

AWESOME! I love your book. My favorite is the circular stencil-where did you get that one? You have inspired me to try this. Thank you for sharing your talent!

--Jane

PrairiePeasant said...

Your book is amazing and inspiring! Definitely tempting to take this class...

Debbie said...

I love to take on line classes and this looks like a good one! Isn't learning new things fun? Your book turned out great and I'm impressed by your sewing. :-)

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Lovely book and got a giggle over your mosquito image.

presious said...

Martha,

I think every single page is absolutely beautiful. That is the fun and freedom of art, to be able to put together any color arrangement and make it into "art". You have done a wonderful job of achieving just that, with all of your colors.

Remember, your husband is a man and he will see things as a man does...;).

Preisous

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin