Friday, November 13, 2009

Off to Lisa Engelbrecht Workshop!

Oh my goodness, it's finally here! I am flying to Birmingham today for Lisa's workshop with the Birmingham Calligrapher's Guild. I am extremely excited (and a bit nervous). I don't know a soul but I am steppin' out and going it alone. I do know that calligraphers are the nicest and most generest ( is that a word?) of people so I am sure I will make new and wonderful friends and be so inspired!! Lisa is one of my favorite artists. I love her free and beautiful letterforms and ---well, I just love everything she does. I understand that this will be her last workshop so I am so glad I could go. I am taking my computer so I might be able to blog some pictures along the way. Be back Monday!

10 comments:

Gina Lee Kim said...

Oh I'm so excited for you Martha! And I have followed Lisa's work for the longest! Have fun at THE Guild...people will absolutely fall in love with you! How could they not.

Carol Sloan said...

You'll be fine! Why is this her last workshop? (boo hoo for everyone that hasn't taken one from her!). I want Details when you get back...

Kelly Warren said...

yeah! I'm so excited for you Martha! Can wait to see what you learn!

Cheryl Gebhart said...

I also want to know why this is her last workshop! I'm jealous - have a great time (I'm sure you will!!).

Mary said...

I just know you will have a wonderful time and make oodles of friends!!

Hugs!!

Beedeebabee said...

Have lots of fun Martha!!! ;)

Fannie said...

Have fun! Look forward to seeing your future blog posts with news of your adventures at the workshop. Have a wonderful weekend.

lori vliegen said...

you go girl!!!! and....whatever happens, you will handle it (and God will not let you fall!).....wish i were there with you....xoxox

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Happy travels, Martha! Have fun and tell us all about it! I will think of you and send support if you're nervous, 'cause i get nervous, too...you're awesomely brave! They'll love you AND your work!!

Debbie said...

Have fun Martha! I'm sure you will have tons of friends by the time you leave!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin