Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Norah's Girl in the journal




I am loving Sharon's class and this is my tryout before I commit it to canvas which is prepared and ready. I have never used napkins to collage with before so I decided to try it in the journal. I am surprised that this notebook paper would even hold up to all that I did to it. The house is a gel transfer, the flowers are napkins collaged on and the face has many layers of acrylic paint. Well, I guess I am ready for the 5x5 canvas.
Oh, and guess what I bought yesterday??? A laserjet printer!!! Yay!! Now I can do great transfers. I got the cheapest HP that they had and it works great. I am excited!

11 comments:

Mary said...

Oh this is just gorgeous I tell you, gorgeous!!!!

Sandi said...

Oh there is nothing like new toys to generate the Muse. I love the whole design on this piece, that house in the background is perfect and it all reminds me of "Charmed". Hugs

Lisa Holtzman said...

Your collage looks great. I love that you're always experimenting, you're very inspiring!

Createology said...

You did such a fabulous job. Hard to believe the notebook paper didn't dissolve. I think this is amazing. Keep creating...

Regina said...

So lovely! You have inspired me to sign on to Sharon's class too & I'm just waiting for approval to go through... *sigh*

I love the way you incorporated the different elements in this piece. I already have ideas churning in my head of using images of places I've been and hope to go to again.
Blessing on you!

Alyice Edrich said...

So beautiful. At first glance I seriously couldn't tell it from Norah's work.

Rochelle said...

This is really nice Martha! I love all your faces.

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Beautiful face Martha! Great work!

Jackie said...

Beautiful ! I have been seeing wonderful things come out of Sharon's class . I may take it:)

Buffy said...

Beautiful piece,love the house and the flowers. I was thinking of signing up for Norah's class.Looks like fun.

Beedeebabee said...

OMG, she's SOOOO gorgeous! I love all your girls!!! xoxo Paulette

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin