Thursday, June 10, 2010

Muse Flash

The red heart is dried oil paint from my pallet. I like working in this small journal but I haven't put anything on the cover yet. In Kelly Kilmer's journaling class she uses a focal point which is usually a magazine image of a person but I am having trouble finding an image of a person that is this small size. Focal points are so important and sometimes they are the hardest to get right---at least for me. There are rules that can be applied like the rule of thirds which I try to stick to somewhat. But it's all great fun to make journal pages.

4 comments:

Carin Winkelman said...

Nice! I especially like the right side.

Mary said...

Beautiful journal pages!
I am having a hard time finding focals too!! Some that I have found I like, some not so much. And since I am older, I would like to find some older women images, but those are hard to come by, and I am realizing I don't want all faces. I think I would like to incorporate more personal photos as well.

Timaree said...

I love your pages. I don't always use magazine photos. In fact I seldom do. I have used family photos, thumbnail sketches and inchies. You can use anything that gives you the focal piece to convey your mood. Some people don't draw or take photos so they will love the magazine idea. I prefer using the most I can of my own creations. Whatever, don't change to fit the crowd because these are just super. I recognized them as Kelly's classwork but had to wonder because they were so "you".

elena nuez said...

so beautiful..!
your work is just magical.
thanks from spain

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin