Monday, September 20, 2010

One shot at painting on the invitation-

I have to say that I held my breath and fought with this blotter-like paper but I was bound and determined to make it work. The original doesn't look quite as cartoonish as how it shows on the screen. It is a 7x7 card so I had plenty of room but it was still quite small and tedious. Thank goodness for my new, tiny and much to expensive brush I bought after attending the IAMPETH conference. I say now, it was worth it. Anyway, I did it and hopefully they will like it. It also has gold dots all around which unfortunately the scanner doesn't pick up. I think that the dots actually make the piece work so I am sorry you can't see it.
 So,who really wants a 5 piece place setting anyway?
 Well, thinking back, I did!

11 comments:

jgr said...

Martha, it's beautiful! I'm sure they'll love it. Yes, I'm sure the gold dots are wonderful.

SparkleFarkel said...

The bride's breath will truly be taken away when she sees it! (Gold dot show or no, I know mine was! OUTSTANDING MARTHA LEVER PERFORMANCE!)

SF~~~~~*

Buffy said...

Its Beautiful,I'm sure they will love it and I would have been scared to make them,I would have held my breath too.

Sandi said...

Martha it is just beautiful, I can just see those gold dots and I agree those expensive brushes are worth every penny. Hugs

Nancy said...

Unique and memorable. A real keepsake! Lovely.

Mary said...

Beautiful, perfect for a lovely fall wedding!

Elena said...

Very beautiful work of art.

Jane Farr said...

It is beautiful Martha! Your illustrations are perfect for a November wedding. The couple will be thrilled.

Caryl said...

Martha, it really is so lovely. I am sure the little gold bits really make it.

Diane said...

This is so impressive Martha! Yes of course they will love this--it's exceptional!

Lisa Holtzman said...

Ah, this is really lovely Martha!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin