Saturday, October 16, 2010

Digging deep...


While I am taking a break from the acrylics and watercolor for a while I have decided to dig down into my overflowing art drawers pull out something that has the potential of improvement. Believe me, this could take a while! I vaguely remember that these poppies were almost a throw away but now with some copic spray (non-toxic I am told!) and punchanella I think it is better now. I also used some Pan Pastels.  As I grow as an artist I see that depth and contrast is very important and with this one, it just needed a little depth and fancy-ing up a bit. I love my copic air compressor sprayer. I think that it is the best way for me to punch up the color to any piece that needs it--like this one. This one is a watercolor.

13 comments:

Buffy said...

I can't believe you were going to throw them away. They're beautiful! I love the added touch of punchanella and stencil. That round stencil is neat.I'm gonna have to go and look for one.

Julie Bagamary said...

Beautiful. The round plastic canvas is perfect. Now where is my ACMoore coupon.

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

oooh la la. I love the stencils sprayed with the olivey greens and oh, I love those flowers! Awesome backgrounds. I do so enjoy gazing at your work always. Enjoy your weekend, martha!♥

jgr said...

Martha this is beautiful! I'm sure it looked great even before the stenciling!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful Martha!!!! You are so very talented and it shows that changing gears can often get everyhting humming along again!!! BRAVO!!!

Marjorie said...

I love the white subtle lettering too! How nice you fiinished this piece off!

Unknown said...

oh! *gasp* this is so lovely!! so beautiful! I got my punchanella this week (thank you for the tip) and am going to play with it today :) Thank you for the inspiration, as always :)

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Martha,
These poppies look fabulous!
Great background effects.
Hugs,
Anna

PS: my verification word is leter

Cynthia Schelzig said...

This looks fabulous!!!

Marjorie said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I've been enjoying your blog!

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

That that's a finish! This is beautiful. I've never used a Copic sprayer but I can certainly see why it's your best friend. Praying that you have your health issues under control :=)

Anonymous said...

EVERYTHING I HAVE SEEN TODAY HAS BEEN AMAZING HERE IN BLOGLAND...BUT THIS MARTHA,,,,REALLY TAKE THE CAKE!

OR SHOULD I SAY POPS ME!

I LOVE IT!

CIAO BELLA

CREATIVE CARMELINA

Anonymous said...

I will have to go out and buy myself some stencils like this....i find them so intriguing and they really add so much to art work...

graphically delicious!

ciao again

CREATIVE CARMELINA

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin