Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Finished and with a new framer!


I never know how it will turn out and why this great paper at the bottom didn't end up in the painting I don't know. It just didn't work I guess.
Ok, all finished with the painting. I used Antique Linen Crackle paste on the pot.  So check out my new framer! I bought a Rockwell Bladerunner with the intention of making the frames myself but I wasn't very good at cutting and actually it is very loud and scary but Chauncey handles it like a pro and you know how men love power tools! Also, he has some really good help there too.

All done! It's just strips of wood from Lowes. This was a canvas so he really had a time getting it plum. And it 'ain't' really plum but we made it work with some help from Wood Paste.  He did a fabulous job. The problem is that the canves is not plum. 
Anyway we are learning.

Now here it is all finished and painted dark brown. Now, do I really love the color of the frame around it? There was something nice about the natural wood around it but maybe I should have just stained it rather than painted it.  Hummm... what do you think? Does the frame close it in? I took the picture late in the day so it's really not quite that dark around the sides. It's very shadowy. When I varnish it I also think that it will look better. We made another one too for this painting and I painted it black. I think I like the black frame on that one. 



Tomorrow I will show you the "sursy" I bought myself.

sursy\sir-see\noun:
A term commonly used in the South to denote an unexpected gift given to close friends or family for no special occasion, particularly to show affection or thanks.
My note: This term originated in South Carolina somewhere from the Columbia area east and even down as far a Beaufort.  I love South Carolina...Georgia too.

9 comments:

Janie Husband said...

love it............and it does look like you have great help there... ;-)

Kelly said...

Martha;
You have yourself a handy hubby! Mine is too! So blessed we are! I love the dark frame, it goes perfectly with the painting!
Hugs and blessings
Kelly

Renee Troy said...

Martha, the painting and the frame are wonderful. The frame holds it together and is perfect for the fabulous painting you did. You just keep getting better and better.
You are my inspiration.

jgr said...

Martha, I love your paintings and the frames are amazing, too!

Buffy said...

So Beautiful,love it in a frame too.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful piece!

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

love the crackle finish on that vase, it really sets off the whole piece. Beautifully done.

hannah said...

Plumb crazy :-)

Adrian said...

I think your frame color is perfect for this piece. It looks very rich and will probably even look better when it has a soft shine. Nice job, hubby!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin