Monday, September 12, 2011

Just a start..

This is a paint-over of an ugly painting I painted several years ago. It has two layers so far. White gesso and cheapo brown paint for a base over that. I am trying to use all of my cheaper acrylics for the under painting layer. I am not sure what this will be. I just did a little scratching for some texture. It was fun putting on the brown paint. I did it with one of those things that handymen use for smoothing something. Tomorrow---or whenever I will finish this one. I am sure not of the brown will show but it's a good warm up anyway.

8 comments:

jgr said...

Hi Martha,
I like it already! The brown with while showing through makes a good texture and ooohh! I love the scratching--can't wait to see the next step.

Mary said...

it's off to a wonderful beginning.

i think i finally have some time to get in my studio and begin those DVD's...well, after i clean it up a bit.

Nancy said...

So far, so good! The white scratching is very appealing against the brown.

Millie said...

very interesting, I especially like the scribbling!

Kelly said...

Love the scratches! I can't wait to see the finished piece!
Hugs and blessings
Kelly

Tequitia said...

can't wait to see what it turns out to be...

hannah said...

Looks intrigueing already.

Pennyb said...

I often do my backgrounds like this, but I use an old credit card!! I like the writing...lookiing forward to the next phase.

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin