Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Little sweeties

We had such a great time visiting out little ones in Greenville. Morgan is getting so big and she is so sweet. She smiles like this most of the time.  And here is Marc singing his blessing.

I don't have any new art to show although I have been working on a "Pear-ology" watercolor series for the upcoming class I am planning.

I have been totally rearranging my studio and throwing out stuff (actually sending it to Goodwill) and making a new painting room in the back. Maybe tomorrow when  I finish up I will take you on a video tour and show you my new painting room.

Oh, and I think I posted this on Facebook but forgot to post this good news on my blog. I held my breath and entered a show here in town called the"Women Painters of the Southeast."
I really debated on what to enter knowing it would be a juried show. But to my great surprise both pieces got in the show! The show is in April and if you look at the second show you will see all the cash prizes!
I am just excited that I got in!
Here are the two submissions:
This is a dream come true for me. I am glad that I didn't have to face art rejection. I have done that before and it's not too fun.

13 comments:

SparkleFarkel said...

Your leetle bitty people are wonderful! If only everyone smiled like Morgan does most of the time!

P.S. Congratulations and good luck about the art show. Your flowerwork deserves to win!

Linda said...

Thank you for sharing pictures of your grandbaby. Seeing pictures of babies always puts a smile on peoples faces. Good luck with the show.

Peggy said...

Your grandbabies ARE sweet! Being a grandma is the best! I'm so happy to hear about the Pear-ology class in the works, and congratulations on being juried into the show! So many good things happening, and spring is right around the corner!

lori vliegen said...

precious......absolutely-no-doubt-about-it-super-duper precious!!

congrats on your good news about the show......you deserve it, sweet painter!! xoxo

Donna said...

Grandchildren are the best, aren't they? Your two are so cute, and I loved the Blessings video!

Congratulations on getting in the show. That's pretty awesome!
D~~~~

jgr said...

Those little ones are too cute! And BIG congrats on your art show, I'm so happy for you.

Isabel said...

What cuties they are:O) And BIG CONGRATS!!! Awesome:O)

Jane Farr said...

Congratulations Martha!! What a well deserved thrill! and your grandchildren are adorable! xo

Createology said...

How very blessed your family must feel. Great smile and such precious singing. Super adorable...

C. said...

Congratulations on the show!!!! What a pretty baby!!!

Doda Smith said...

Those little kiddies are so adorable. Glad you had a good time with them. They grow so very fast!
And well done on being part of this art show!

Eden said...

Congratulations on your entry to your juried show!! Best of Luck to you there too :D

Say It In Color said...

Sooo precious....thanks for the blessings!! Also LOVE that clean studio!!! I just want to jump in there and help you mess it up!!! What a lovely place to create!!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin