Sunday, March 18, 2012

There's a vase of Flowers in there somewhere...

YIKES!! The blank white canvas!!

This is a 36 x36 and these big canvases have been haunting me ever since I bought them. Actually I bought them with the intention of going down to south FL for a workshop called "Larger and Looser" by Robert Burridges but I had to cancel that one. So I am stuck here with about five 36 x 36s as well as some that are a little bit smaller. So today I thought I would just take a deep breath and just do it!
So I thought I would start by just putting paint all over the canvas to loosen up and get familiar with the paint again. I haven't painted with acrylic in a long time. And this is the first time I have used my new painting room and I do love it. The light is great.

I mixed up some yellow ochre and white just to do the negative painting and see if there was a pot of flowers in this hodge podge of paint. Looks like there might be some flowers there. Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Wow, I never thought of negative space done this way...or do I mean positive space? Hmmm. Now you got me. I love this so far... You know what they say, Martha, Go Big or Go Home.

Janie Husband said...

hmmmm, i have those same canvases, martha......and a load of paint...lol.......have fun....

Unknown said...

And I thought 24X24 was big. I finally got rid of them because they were haunting me. Looks like you have the start of something good.

katie purcell said...

My heart is pounding.
Off to Callaway to spend a couple of days with dear friends. Wish you could be there to paint...what
a great inspiration that would be?
xxoo

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin