Friday, May 25, 2012

"Primary Truth"

Well, I am trying not to get mad at myself for the painting I tried to do that was a wipe off. It was of a photo I took several years ago of Rainbow Row in Charleston. What was I thinking? There are angles and porches and wrought iron work--- and well, just too much for me at this point with oils. I have painted the same photo with watercolor with much better results but this not watercolor so---it was a wipe off. So I just couldn't let those primary colors go to waste on my palette so this is what emerged with my left over paint. I wrote into it with a calligraphy tool.

 Here is a close up of the writing. That part was fun.
Ok, tomorrow is another day. I might have to get out my watercolors and paint a pear or some poppies to make myself feel better.



10 comments:

Janie Husband said...

martha, you know what, i love this..... i have been liking abstract lately.....go figure!!!! ;-)

LuLu said...

Howdy Martha,

Looks good to me - at least you're trying oils. I gave up on oil pains years ago - could not stand the odor and slow drying times.

But you've inspired me - so maybe I'll dig out my oil paints or buy the new fangled fast-drying oils!

Keep up the good work - your blog is scrumptious - and Happy Memorial Day!

Peace,
LuLu
www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com

Terrie said...

Even your left overs look great. How do you do that? I really must spend less time online looking at other people's successes and more time at my worktable working on my own pretties..... But, it's so addicting and I just love following along with your palette knife adventures!

Mary said...

oh i love this!! i would buy this!!!
yes i would!!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Wow - beautiful painting! I adore the bright colors and the calligraphy etching!

katie purcell said...

LOVE IT!!
Looks like Mary's work!
What does it say?
xxoo

Anonymous said...

Wow - beautiful result!!

Anonymous said...

Martha - you can make anything look fantastic. ALWAYS love your calligraphy writing. Your calligraphy makes everything look --- so elegant.
TFS
Grandma Nancy Sapp

PiaRom said...

THIS IS STUNNING! ♥♥♥ theese colors and all the textur!

rachel awes said...

this is beautiful in every way!
love the colors n calligraphy
n meaning!! luscious!

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin