Monday, September 24, 2012

Be not forgetful...


I really love this Scripture and it really makes you go hummmmmm....doesn't it?  Goes to show that angels probably really don't have wings, at least the ones that maybe we might have encountered?  I don't know but there have been times that I have said to myself, hummmm...

This is a Scripture that I wrote in a calligraphy class many years ago and saved it in my files. It is such a good layout that it just about will fit in any background. I change the colors in Photoshop. I painted the little girl several years ago also and with Photoshop I placed her on the background and used the overlay blending effect. There is also another angel face over her left shoulder. Hope that one is not creepy. Well, it was fun anyway.
It says, "Be not forgetful"...the Be not is not as legible. Probably should go and darken that a bit.

Have a wonderful Monday!

7 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

Hi Martha,

I'm always loving your "girls" and especially like this one (and the hidden face as well).

Also love the sentiment in the saying,

xoxo

Mary said...

Love this piece and what it says...won't it be something to one day really "see".

Martha, your work has always been beautiful in my eyes, but it is growing in leaps and bounds!

xxoo

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Beautiful, Martha! You are doing so many new things with your art! Have a lovely new week.... ~ kath

bellefrogworks said...

Beautiful artwork - love how you combined 2 different works.

Unknown said...

I've been following your creative journey for some time without commenting (pushing through the 'publish' gizmo has been daunting!). Today's artwork is beautiful, the Scripture verse a good reminder, and I am touched by it. Thank you for sharing, and know that many of us are appreciating your time and talents whether or not we comment...

Sharon in Alabama

Tam Hess said...

I REALLY like that vs. what a beautiful way to present it in the picture! The colors are especially striking to me...xoxo

MetalFimo2 said...

le tue creazioni sono molto belle , brava se ti va passa da me www.metalfimo2.blogspot.com

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin