Thursday, October 25, 2012

Little Cottage



"Little Cottage" was a bear to paint because of all the lines that had to be straight in the door and all the details.  What I am mainly trying to do in my painting pursuit is to simplify the photograph and don't give too much detailed information. This one was just really complicated with a whole lot going on. I had such high hopes for this one but it's not a failure by any means because every painting I do gets me a little closer to being a confident oil painter.
I actually didn't mean to post this today---it was suppose to be for tomorrow but it's ok. Tomorrow I will show you the painting that I tried to fix with some success and another one of my grammar school art pieces.

2 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

Its fun to try new ways of painting, I'm going to go to my first oil painting class in years, I told her I wanted to learn to paint looser, cant wait to show you what I paint (I'm not sure what it will be, at this point)

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

I'm curious if your calligra-fun class ever goes on sale?

Thanks, Margaret

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin