Friday, January 31, 2014

Drawing the Girls


Even though I am trying really had to be an oil painter, it is just so fun to stop and go back to some collage and mixed-media techniques. This is a girl I drew for the class, "Drawing the Girls," that I am having a ball filming.  These girls are actually how I doodle. You will find them everywhere.  They are on scraps of paper, napkins, paper tablecloths at restaurants and even all through my Bible. I like them to be "looking into the Word."  I do this sometimes in church but I can listen and draw.  Actually it helps me to listen.  I never could sit still. I will go over this technique in the class. (Collage--not the drawing in church technique!) Ok---back to filming!

6 comments:

fran pascazio said...

Be still my beating heart! Your oil paintings are certainly beautiful Martha, no doubt; but when you do collage, mixed media and your wonderful, exqusite watercolors, my heart skips a beat!!!

Unknown said...

Oh yay! Keep working on those videos! I can hardly wait for your class. :)

BumbleVee said...

Me too! I'm gonna take this class!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

lOVE this GIRL!

aseknc said...

I have always loved seeing your girls in the journal entries that you share. :)

I have a Moleskin that I take notes in at church and I am frequently doodling in it. I used to be self-conscious about my doodling in church and/or during meetings, etc, but I'm getting over that. I learned that it has been proven that those that doodle while listening actually retain more of what they hear. :)

jane said...

Any idea when the class will be ready?

linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin